Daily Money Managers: trusted professionals helping you navigate bills, budgets & record keeping
Daily money managers (DMM) are professionals who provide essential financial services to seniors and older adults, people with disabilities, busy professionals, high net worth individuals, small business owners and others. A daily money manager (DMM) brings clarity and order to an individual’s daily management of personal bills, budgets and record keeping.
The expertise of DMMs covers a broad range of tasks. The actual work they do depends on client need; however, the scope of services generally includes:
- Bill paying, including calls to payees regarding incorrect bills and preparation of checks for client signature.
- Reconciling of banking, credit card and investment statements.
- Coordinating and executing of bank deposits.
- Organizing tax documents.
- Negotiating with creditors.
- Preparing budgets and cash flow projections.
- Establishing and maintaining financial software.
- Tracking donations made to non-profits and gifts made to individuals.
- Providing general organizational assistance.
- Referring clients to legal, tax, and investment professionals and to community resources.
- Preparing information and maintaining on-going communication with advisors such as attorneys, accountants, investment advisors, etc. on the client’s behalf.
Some, but not all DMMs will also provide additional services, such as:
- Notary services.
- Accepting responsibility to act as power-of-attorney or representative payee for Medicare.
- Reviewing medical insurance papers and verifying proper processing of claims.
- Preparation of payroll checks for home employees including calculation of Federal and state withholding and FICA taxes.
- Financial counseling.
- Preparing plans to reduce debt.
Life, finances and navigating the never-ending paperwork can be overwhelming at times and the complexities are always increasing. The assistance from a trusted DMM professional can provide peace of mind, knowing that your financial matters are in order.
The American Association of Daily Money Managers (AADMM) is a national membership organization representing individuals and businesses in the growing profession of daily money management. AADMM members are committed to high standards of practice and must abide by the association’s code of ethics. Sisters United Management & Consulting GBC is a member of AADMM.
© (2017), American Association of Daily Money Managers